Here you can find out roughly what I’ve been up to since my first proper job in 2008. There’s too much to list, but here’s a flavour of the experience I’ve picked up along the way.
Self-employed (since 2013)
- Conference Director for FinForward 2019
- Text for PR and advertising agencies, and providers of open-source web solutions
- Translation and proofreading for international clients
- Built and maintained various websites (mostly using WordPress)
- Occasional stage host for Reeperbahn Festival Conference
- Broad range of topics: food and drink, fintech, kitchen appliances, all manner of tyres, web technology and more
- All the admin, paperwork and planning attendant to running my own business which is actually a really good grounding in how companies work.
Drupal site-builder and social media manager, comm-press (March–November 2013)
- A deep dive into Drupal, including technical stuff like deployment with Git and working on the command line
Event Organiser, Social Media Week Hamburg (November 2012 to March 2013)
- Organising events and running the show at one of the hubs during the week
Project Manager, TuTech Innovation GmbH (2010-2012)
- Managing TuTech’s side of a European project, organising conferences, communications
Graduate Trainee, Birmingham City Council (2008–2010)
- Rotating through various departments: Strategy and Policy, Sport, Business Transformation, Digital Birmingham, Regional and International Division. Co-writing the social media policy.
Education and Training
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (2019)
- Diploma in Professional Marketing
- University of Exeter (2006-2007)
- International Studies (MA)
- Universität des Saarlandes (2004-2005)
- Law (LL M). This was my Erasmus year.
- University of Exeter (2001–2005)
- English, German and European law (LL B)
- King Edward VI Aston Grammar School, Birmingham (1994-2001)
Languages: English, German
Memberships: Hinz&Kunzt Freundeskreis, Freunde der Kunsthalle e.V.,
Handelskammer Hamburg (Chamber of Commerce)